Scott Thor is a Case Team Leader at FTE Performance Consulting. He holds a Doctor of Management degree and has conducted research on emotional intelligence and employee engagement, specifically with process improvement professionals. He has over 20 years of experience working in a variety of industries including: manufacturing, healthcare, government, higher education, logistics, oil and gas, environmental services, IT, and supply chain. His passion for process improvement centers on helping clients use a variety of lean and Six Sigma methods to reduce problems that increase employee engagement.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- Senior consulting advisor for Fortune 5 company deploying LSS globally that resulted in an average of $500M in annual savings and over $5B in savings over the first 10 years after global deployment.
- Chief architect in developing deployment plan for 7,000 employee county government agency that led to 180+ improvement ideas saving $19M and eliminating over 100,000 hours of unnecessary work.
- Managed global team of shipping experts that identified ways to increase fuel efficiency for crude carriers by 15% saving $16M in annual fuel costs.
- Coached senior leaders to implement improvement efforts to reduce routine maintenance costs and better manage contractors that resulted in $2.4M annual savings.
- Written literature for 10 publications
- Thor, S. (2021). 7 Questions to Finding More Joy in Your Work: A step-by-step approach for using process improvement to smile more at work. Presented at Child Support Directors Association conference.
- Thor, S. (2021). 7 Questions to Finding More Joy in Your Work: A step-by-step approach for using process improvement to smile more at work. Keynote presentation at Virginia Tech Implementing Lean conference.
- Thor, S. (2015). Becoming an emotionally intelligent lean six sigma professional. Paper presented at Lean and Six Sigma conference, ASQ, Phoenix, AZ.
- Thor, S. (2010). Global quality leadership: A phenomenological study of international quality leaders. Paper presented at Beijing Language School, Beijing, China.
Prior to joining the FTE, Scott worked with several Fortune 5 clients and governmental agencies to deploy process improvement. His experience has also included roles of vice president, quality manager, and a variety of engineering roles. Scott holds a Doctor of Management degree from George Fox University, an MBA from the University of Sioux Falls, and a Bachelor of Science degree in industrial technology from the University of Nebraska. He is also a certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Agile ScrumMaster.
< Leadership Team