Sam is a Project Engineer with FTE Performance Consulting and has 6 years of experience in Supply Chain analytics, operations, and customer service within the automotive manufacturing industry. Sam has unique experience managing projects and resources within complex supply chain and logistics networks. His expertise also extends into operations through multiple years of training through a Third-Party Logistics company.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- Orchestrated a complete re-design of an Automobile logistic network with $100M+ in Annual Freight Expenditure. Sam worked to analyze and Implement a PFEP file that led towards the successful production of a New-Model Vehicle Launch over the course of 4 months. During this process, Sam was able to yield an additional $250K in Annual Freight Save due to logistical optimization gains.
- Modified an Automobile Logistical network to accommodate a reduction in total inbound freight. This project yielded $4M in additional revenue for the customer due to unique market bid strategy and timing. Project included direct contact with hundreds of Suppliers, many Carriers and one Customer to effectively and optimally update this automotive freight network.
- As a Supply Chain Analyst, Sam spearheaded a database consolidation project that improved the analysis capabilities of current databases. Sam restructured and improved databases that aided company supply chain analysts in reaching annual target saves. This new software visually represented $1B+ in annual logistical freight spend.
- Aided in the launch and sustainability of Customer Distribution Center. Launched a WMS and contributed to the sustainability and profitability of the account. Sam also generated profits for the customer via capacity planning, volumetric calculations and lean logistics.
- Sam was tasked to analyze and document daily operations within an external Customer’s Distribution Center. He optimized SOP’s and increased accuracy on daily operations. Sam’s contributions on this project helped aid the external company in passing a mandatory audit.
Prior to consulting, Sam held various positions within Penske Logistics over the course of 5 years. Two of those years include Supply Chain and Data Analytics on Penske’s largest account, Ford Motor Company. During this time, Sam led a New Model Launch, Designed and helped implement a new data analytics process, and worked as the central contact for Mexico-based suppliers and OEM’s shipping into Ford’s Network. His operations experience with Penske Logistics spanned over a 2-year period on the Shinola Detroit account. Sam’s time on the account resulted in great efficiency and optimization gains. One year of Sam’s tenure in Penske was in Sales and Customer Service with the Penske Truck Leasing department.
Sam holds a Bachelors Degree in Economics from Michigan State University.
< Leadership Team