Pete is a Principal at FTE Performance Consulting with 30 years of experience in several industries including manufacturing, pulp and paper and power generation. He has extensive experience in operations, manufacturing engineering, product engineering, electrical controls engineering and business development. He is customer focused, quality conscience and results-driven.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- Broad-based knowledge in the automotive industry excelling in positions of manufacturing engineer, product engineer, electrical controls engineer and hourly production and maintenance personnel supervisor (UAW).
- Experienced in product design, design verification testing and product warranty analysis.
- Thorough working knowledge of team-oriented problem solving (8D) and failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Strong problem-solving skills and product improvement shown by receiving the President’s Quality Driven Customer Award, Ford Motor Company.
- Solid supplier-based program management skills as part of several FCA and Tier One projects. Responsibilities included detailed product forecasts for production leveling and on time delivery, OEM technical training, resolution of delivery issues and on-site technical problem solving at OEM and End User. Significant projects included $350K FCA Engine Program – GEMA facility, $550K FCA Engine Program – Trenton facility and $400K Kuka Welding Systems
- Proven leadership and organizational skills as demonstrated while project manager of a $6.5M new automated assembly equipment development, installation, acceptance testing and launch at Ford Motor Company. This highly automated assembly line consisted of 10 automated stations, 2 manual stations and 1 robotics/vision station. The project met or exceeded all budget and schedule goals, boasting a 95% OEE during the plant acceptance process.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in writing equipment specifications and equipment acceptance testing.
- Hands-on experience with writing equipment specifications, theory of constraints, measurement systems analysis (gage R&R), PPAP and statistical analysis (SPC).
- Background in electrical controls and automation
Prior to consulting, Pete gained his experience at companies such as Robert Bosch Corporation, Ford Motor Corporation, and Stone and Webster Engineering.
Pete holds a Masters of Science in Engineering Management from the University of Michigan and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Michigan Technological University.
< Leadership Team