Nathan Barker is a Partner and the COO of FTE’s Global Consulting Practice. He is a co-founder of FTE and manages the day-to-day operations while working to execute the firm’s overall business strategy. Nathan leads three primary operational verticals consisting of Case Execution, Business Development and HR.
Nathan specializes in large scale program management, lean transformation, process re-design, manufacturing strategy and organizational re-engineering.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- Manufacturing plant turnaround and strategy deployment focused on operational excellence
- Program launch and capital project execution utilizing structured program management practices
- Due diligence, benchmarking & cost modeling projects for clients in North America & Europe
- Operational Excellence assessments at over 20 automotive operations in 10+ countries across 4 continents
- Organizational redesign and strategy deployment for multiple leading transportation OEM’s
- Production system design and deployment for multiple leading transportation OEM’s
- Manufacturing interface with engineering and the program team regarding all new model planning activities
- Responsible for inbound and outbound port operations for vehicles entering the US from Europe
- Drove vehicle conversion/ homologation project for vehicles being converted to meet Arab Emirate and Asian market requirements
- Supported the development of the Harbour Report in North America, South America, & Europe
- Process development and implementation of assembly lines producing Powertrain & Instrument Panel modules in a JIT environment
- Directed sequencing and delivery of more than 90 commodities to a large automotive OEM
Prior to starting FTE Performance Consulting Nathan held roles as the Manufacturing Program Manager for a luxury electric vehicle OEM start-up, a Consulting Manager in a global consulting firm and a Manufacturing Launch Engineer for a Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry.
Nathan has a Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Communications from Michigan State University.
< Leadership Team