Nathan Barker is a Partner and Vice President of FTE’s Global Consulting Practice. He is a co-founder of FTE and supports all aspects of the firm’s P&L, business development and operational strategy across FTE’s Global network. In this role he provides program management and operational support to FTE’s project leaders and teams across multiple engagements.
Throughout his consulting experience Nathan has advised clients in the manufacturing and transportation sector specializing on general management challenges, strategic planning, due diligence, process redesign, manufacturing strategy and reorganization.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- Manufacturing plant turnaround and strategy deployment focused on operational excellence
- Program launch and capital project execution utilizing structured program management practices
- Due diligence, benchmarking & cost modeling projects for clients in North America & Europe
- Operational Excellence assessments at over 20 automotive operations in 10+ countries across 4 continents
- Organizational redesign and strategy deployment for multiple leading transportation OEM’s
- Production system design and deployment for multiple leading transportation OEM’s
- Manufacturing interface with engineering and the program team regarding all new model planning activities
- Responsible for inbound and outbound port operations for vehicles entering the US from Europe
- Drove vehicle conversion/ homologation project for vehicles being converted to meet Arab Emirate and Asian market requirements
- Supported the development of the Harbour Report in North America, South America, & Europe
- Process development and implementation of assembly lines producing Powertrain & Instrument Panel modules in a JIT environment
- Directed sequencing and delivery of more than 90 commodities to a large automotive OEM
Prior to starting FTE Performance Consulting Nathan held roles as the Manufacturing Program Manager for a luxury electric vehicle OEM start-up, a Consulting Manager in a global consulting firm and a Manufacturing Launch Engineer for a Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry.
Nathan Barker has a degree in Organizational Communications from Michigan State University and is currently pursuing his Masters degree in Manufacturing Operations Management from Kettering University.
< Leadership Team