Logan Dillard is a Partner and the Vice President of Operations in FTE’s Global Consulting Practice. In his role on the FTE Leadership Team, Logan is focused on developing sound business processes as a foundation for the company’s growth while delivering excellent results for our clients and maintaining profitability for our shareholders. Over the past 15 years, Logan has driven results across multiple industries including automotive and electric vehicle, aerospace, home appliance and ship building.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- Manufacturing Program Manager for $250M greenfield vehicle assembly plant, where Logan led a team of three dozen engineers and business leaders from process concept through delivery of saleable vehicles builds in a new 900k sq ft connected factory.
- Key contributor to Assessment and Planning team for large-scale business transformation project for 20,000 employee client. Specific contributions include Project Management Office configuration and deployment and overseeing assessment, recommendations and detailed planning activities across multiple workstreams.
- Led launch and production support team for startup hybrid electric vehicle supporting Material, Quality, and Process Improvement workstreams. Key project outputs included a 20% reduction in non-value added material handling activity and the identification of process optimization initiatives estimated at a 25% reduction in post-launch cycle times.
- Specified, sourced, and procured assembly error proofing and controls solution for brownfield vehicle assembly line. The $3.5M system provided process control for 120 assembly stations, resulting in a 6X quality improvement over baseline process controls.
- Led team of manufacturing quality professionals to develop and compile a customized PPAP package for industrial engine manufacturer, enabling customer approval 13 weeks ahead of the previous schedule.
- Responsible for overall manufacturing process readiness for over a dozen product launches executing all aspects of APQP including tooling and equipment qualification, PFMEA, process control plans, error proofing implementation and verification.
- Developed manufacturing strategies and associated CapEx requirements to support analysis of dozens of future/potential manufacturing scenarios including greenfield and brownfield sites, contract manufacturing, and component insourcing opportunities.
Prior to joining our FTE core team, Logan was a Senior Manufacturing Engineering Manager at a leading manufacturer of trucks, buses, and engines. In this role, Logan lead a team of engineers and project managers in the planning and execution of dozens of projects supporting major strategic and tactical initiatives across seven powertrain/vehicle assembly plants throughout the U.S. and Mexico.
Mr. Dillard holds a Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale.
< Leadership Team