Josh is a Principal with FTE Performance Consulting, whose career spans over 20 years across manufacturing engineering, continuous improvement and operations in the automotive industries. Josh has extensive training and experience in the deployment of lean principals, operations management and launch execution.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- Director of Operations over 8 UAW facilities with 1400 FTEs in MI, KY and Ontario
- Successfully provided JIT assembled suspensions, overheads, instrument panels, bumpers and grilles as well as bulk, small lot and sequenced deliveries to various OEM’s.
- Rights sized business to align with volume change, staffing, and step-in needs in the wake of 110% turnover resulting from CARES unemployment and competitive reimbursement
- Increased revenue profitability in the face of 10%-15% wage and freight increase that ensured we remained competitive in a tight labor market.
- Led launch and production support team for a brownfield Material Support Center (MSC) that provided JIT small lot, sequencing, and bulk metering of over 1,500 parts. This 720,000ft2 facility with 500+ employees received 250+ trucks inbound, managed 90+ materials streams within the plant, and shipped 200 outbound shuttles to the customer each day. Executed on time, within budget and exceeded all customer and internal KPI’s
- Implemented a continuous improvement program across 14 facilities resulting in an average annual labor improvement of 7.2% over the span of 12 years.
- Prepared and executed detailed plans for all aspects of the move from a 260,000ft2 facility into a 460,000ft2 greenfield facility including 72 commodities, 574 part #’s, maintenance tooling, & office furniture. Trained all hourly and salary staff on their roles and responsibilities to execute the seamless launch.
Prior to consulting, Josh spent 6 years as the Director of Operations for Dakkota Integrated Systems leading 8 facilities to profitable growth. He also spent 5 years as Dakkota’s Director of Continuous Improvement establishing and promoting lean concepts resulting in year over year KPI improvements. He was also instrumental in the award, planning and execution of 8 launches, greenfield and brownfield, during his tenure. Before Dakkota, Josh worked for Android Industries as a manufacturing engineer where he developed their continuous improvement process and was a key contributor in 9 launches in the US, Mexico and Europe.
Josh holds a Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Michigan State University
< Leadership Team