Chris is an FTE Case Manager with over 30 years of advanced lean manufacturing, maintenance, manufacturing engineering, skilled employee development, and lean business management experience. He is an accomplished and ambitious leader with progressive experience developing and implementing lean, skills-based experiential learning, new programs, and advanced manufacturing technologies while managing risk and reducing costs.
Significant experience and accomplishments:
- Chris was explicitly selected to lead a major automotive OEM’s Technical Learning University, responsible for administering all Advanced Manufacturing technical training, Skilled Trades Apprenticeships, and Engineering Learning Paths throughout the company; established academic programs and guided curriculum development for Electrical and Mechanical Apprenticeship.
- Led the Global Asset Management efforts for a $40 Billion GBV asset base. Chris implemented Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) processes, systems, and organizational structure, which enabled a global end-to-end approach for controlling operational assets and equipment across all manufacturing and engineering, resulting in millions in cost savings.
- Chris established and implemented Global Maintenance processes, systems, and organizations; supported manufacturing ”4 walls approach,” which reduced expenses and delivered projects on time and within budget; implemented a global maintenance strategy, including apprenticeship and journeyman standards, procedures, templates, management structure, and metrics at a competitive cost which resulted in a 25% reduction in the price of maintenance.
- Led a team of professionals responsible for the implementation process standardization across Manufacturing Engineering centers focusing on maintenance systems and technical issues; applied specific “Design for Reliability & Maintainability” using standard tools and processes; recognized as the technical maintenance and skilled trades focal point and Spare Parts Lead for all product launches; provided continual technical feedback.
- Managed Global Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, implemented comprehensive single instance data systems, and directed oversight of organizations in the US, Asia, and Latin America, which enabled a single instance CMMS system.
Before consulting, Chris held various lean manufacturing, process improvements, complex system integration, and Global Engineering positions in Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering over a 22-year career with General Motors. In numerous Global roles and regions, Chris gained a solid knowledge of manufacturing, change management, and performance improvement skills. Before General Motors, Chris served in Aviation Maintenance and Engineering for the US Navy, where he gained a solid foundation of technical skills.
Chris holds a Master of Science in Lean Manufacturing from Kettering University, a Bachelor of Science in Management of Technical Operations from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, and graduated from the Naval Technical College in Millington, Tennessee.
< Leadership Team