At FTE Performance Consulting, we have a passion for making things, and we love to leverage our strengths and innovative thinking to help manufacturers achieve performance levels they thought were out of reach. Our core belief is that manufacturing is a cornerstone of all great economies, and all manufacturers can achieve greatness by providing their people with the right business culture, defined business systems, and a desire for continuous improvement.
We help our clients solve complex quality, delivery, throughput, and people challenges. We deploy a reliable, integrated business approach that assures our clients a clear path to high performance.
If this resonates with you, we have an opening for Process Engineer Consultant to join our team and help our clients across North America. The Consultant role is a client-facing role responsible for aligning FTE resources to maximize results for our client while building lasting client relationships. This is accomplished through “boots on the ground” support to ensure exceptional delivery performance. The successful Consultant will have a strong desire to contribute to the growth of FTE Performance Consulting and leverage creativity, agility, and an entrepreneurial spirit to advance within our company.
- Integrate new manufacturing process into the existing, updating relevant documentation.
- Evaluate tooling, equipment, and labor impacts specific to programs in production area.
- Modify existing Bill of Process for new program content in production area.
- Review and process engineering release data into facility for new programs.
- Act as process engineering lead for program build events.
- Create Elemental Labor for new program content, including elements and operation times based on carryover baseline data if available.
- Modify master headcount documentation to reflect any impacts the programs to baseline headcount and tie to labor analysis to justify any incremental (or reduced) headcount.
- Modify existing Operation loading baseline to reflect the program’s impacts to baseline process.
- Make recommendations on improvements to new or existing processes to eliminate non-value-added work and balance labor across operations.
- Provide input to the existing Client PFMEA to reflect new or modified processes based on the program impacts.
- Support Supply Chain to provide relevant input to the existing Client Plan for Every Part (PFEP)
- Develop and maintain bill of equipment in assigned process area
- Develop equipment and facilities bid specs
- Track procurement and installation of equipment
- Develop and execute equipment buyoff activities
- Provide design for manufacturability input to Product Development Group
- Provide process input to PFMEA’s
- 7+ years of manufacturing engineering and tooling experience
- Coaching employees and frontline leaders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and data management skills
- Strong planning skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency required (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint)
- Base Manufacturing and Transportation
- 100% travel to Tulsa, OK (Must be onsite Monday – Thursday)
- Position might require moving equipment up to 10 pounds or less
- Physical demands require computer work, standing, sitting in an office and manufacturing plant environment, walking manufacturing plant floor multiple times daily required.