At FTE Performance Consulting, we have a passion for making things, and we love to leverage our strengths and innovative thinking to help manufacturers achieve performance levels they thought were out of reach. Our core belief is that manufacturing is a cornerstone of all great economies, and all manufacturers can achieve greatness by providing their people with the right business culture, defined business systems, and a desire for continuous improvement.
We help our clients solve complex quality, delivery, throughput, and people challenges. We deploy a reliable, integrated business approach that assures our clients a clear path to high performance.
If this resonates with you, we have openings for Sr. Advisors to join our team and help our clients across North America. The Sr. Advisor Role is the heart of our care delivery team, providing subject matter expertise, leadership, and innovative ideas through “boots on the ground” implementation support. The successful Sr. Advisor will leverage their strengths, wisdom, and passion for manufacturing to enrich our clients business performance.
FTE Performance is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Analyze, design, and implement business performance improvements.
- Gather and analyze data, formulate and test hypotheses, and implement solutions
- Determine appropriate KPIs to measure improvement activity
- Drive improvements at the shop floor and back-office transactional processes
- Actively engage in problem-solving to identify root causes and close gaps
- Identify financial performance metrics to objectively measure improvements through Cost Benefit Analysis and the formulation of clear ROIs
- Compile and deliver clean, concise reports using standard Microsoft office tools
- Evaluate project performance, identify risks, and recommend countermeasures as necessary to exceed client expectations
- Flex into a Case Manager role as project size, scope, or staffing dictates
Business Development Support
- Positively promote FTE’s value proposition and services
- Actively identify opportunities for new or expansion of existing business
- Support FTE Case Managers and Principals in building out project approach, staffing, and translating customer pain points into new business opportunities
Internal Firm Building
- Develop, document, and improve FTE internal business processes as well as our approach and standard outputs for client casework
- Participate in annual Hoshin planning and execution of internal improvement projects
- Participate in vetting of candidates seeking to join FTE’s Core Team or Advisory Network
- 20+ years of relevant industry-related work experience
- 5+ years of relevant consulting experience desired, not required
- In-depth knowledge of project and program management including project controls, budget, and resource planning
- Strong leadership and management skills; ability to lead cross-functional teams consisting of FTE and Client contributors
- Strong passion for coaching and mentoring others
- Expert in manufacturing strategy utilizing lean manufacturing, six sigma, and continuous improvement methodologies
- Proven experience in applying problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Proven ability to deliver results through influential leadership vs. positional power
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly to project needs in a team environment
- Fosters teamwork and engagement; ability to integrate the client into the project
- Outstanding active listening skills; seeking first to understand and then to be understood
- Coaching others to use their knowledge and skill to overcome challenges
- Polished and seasoned presenter, recognized by others as a strong communicator and collaborator
- Bachelor’s degree is desired, or equivalent years of work experience
- Salary + Bonus (based on a pay-for-performance structure)
- Position requires travel; 4 – 5 days per week
- Physical demands require computer work, standing, sitting in an office and manufacturing plant environment, walking manufacturing plant floor multiple times daily required.