At FTE Performance Consulting, we have a passion for making things, and we love to leverage our strengths and innovative thinking to help manufacturers achieve performance levels they thought were out of reach. Our core belief is that manufacturing is a cornerstone of all great economies, and all manufacturers can achieve greatness by providing their people with the right business culture, defined business systems, and a desire for continuous improvement.
We help our clients solve complex quality, delivery, throughput, and people challenges. We deploy a reliable, integrated business approach that assures our clients a clear path to high performance.
FTE Performance is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
FTE Microlearning is the modern approach to elevating Lean Thinking. Our service offers highly efficient e-learning modules which are in micro chunks to enhance the user engagement, overall knowledge retention, and deliver an immediate return on investment.
FTE Performance Consulting, Inc. is seeking an E-Learning Instructional Designer to support its LMS management and micro e-learning course design. If this resonates with you, we have openings to join our team and help our clients across North America. The Instructional Designer role is a remote position. A successful E-Learning Instructional Designer will have a strong desire to contribute to the growth of FTE Performance Consulting and leverage creativity, agility, and an entrepreneurial spirit to advance within our company.
We are looking for a professional who is innovative and focused on the science of adult learning. Our goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
- E-Learning Instructional Design
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices and methods
- Design engaging learning activities (simulations, role plays, games, knowledge checks, quizzes, assignment development, etc)
- Deploy Training Evaluation forms, identify weaknesses and areas of improvement; provide solutions
- Audit modules and courses to ensure 100% accuracy
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Ownership of on-going updates of educational materials
- LMS Responsibilities
- Development and buildout of LMS content
- Tools used currently: Absorb (LMS) and Absorb Create
- Management of LMS for client facing customer assistance needs
- Subject Matter Expert Partnership
- Identify target audience’s training needs
- Proactive in gathering supporting resources/information
- Project and Time Management to complete courses/modules
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Ability to work closely with SME on instructional design
- Course outline coordination with SME support
- Working experience using LMS
- Working knowledge of SCORM
- Advanced in eLearning Authoring Tools (ie. Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia)
- Ability to storyboard
- Online Training and development
- Ability to project manage and coordinate the development of modules and courses to meet “go live” dates
- Self-starter who is capable of meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and data management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Adobe, SharePoint and ability to create professional level documentation
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Principles and Manufacturing is preferred but not required
- Employment Type
- 5 – 7 years of experience in training and development, specializing in e-learning course design
- Up to a 20% bonus based on attainment of goals & objectives
- Position will work remotely – Virtual Office
- Position might require moving equipment up to 10 pounds or less
- Position requires sitting stationary 100% of the time
- Physical demands require computer work, standing, sitting in an office and manufacturing plant environment, walking manufacturing plant floor multiple times daily required.