Tom Troyan is a Senior Advisor with FTE Performance Consulting bringing over 25 years of experience in the automotive and heavy truck industries. He is a talented hands-on leader who has led major achievements in manufacturing start-ups, restructurings, turnarounds, and organizational change management. Tom has proven experiences in large multi plant, financials, mergers & acquisitions, organizational development, and supply chain. He also has deep understandings of project management, operational excellence, TPS, lean methodologies, and technical strategic business planning.
Notable Experience and Accomplishments:
- Extensive experience in DFM/DFA in my technical roles with Allison Transmission, Metaldyne, Dana Corporation, F-Tech, and Martinrea.
- Over a two-year period as NA Director for a larger driveline manufacturer, implemented TPS and Value Stream compression programs which achieved $3.3M in lean savings while reducing salary and indirect labor expenses by 42%.
- As plant manager for an automotive T1 supplier, reduced plant conversion costs by 29% over a 3-month period when sales decreased 30%. Methodology and results became a “play-book” for the remaining company divisions.
- With the General Manager turnaround responsibilities of a large T1 automotive supplier of vehicle suspensions, drastically reduced the OSHA recordable safety index rate from 14.27 to 1.65 by counter measuring causes of injuries, implementing back to work programs, and creating associate empowered safety teams. Further, decreased customer rejections from 225 to 17 PPM through PFMEA and Corrective Action reviews to achieve robust operating processes.
- As a Launch Director for an automotive T1 subframe and weldment supplier, successfully launched $13.2M major car platform suspension lines involving the installation, run-off, mass production, and hiring of 156 associates over 4-month period. Further justified and constructed a $21.5M major steel stamping expansion in which operation began 7 months after groundbreaking.
- As a General Manager for a large Japanese based T1 automotive greenfield operation, managed product transitions among company facilities netting a $4.2M manufacturing footprint expense reduction over a two-year period.
Prior to consulting, Tom held various positions as Vice President, Director, General Manager, Sr. Manager, Plant Manager, and Engineering & Maintenance Manager for Dana Corporation, Metaldyne, Allison Transmission, F-Tech, and Martinrea International. Tom is also an avid supporter of both high school and college cooperative education programs of which he has contributed to starting at various locations among Midwest states.
Tom holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Butler University, a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management from Purdue University, and has participated in dozens of lean seminars, classes, and workshops.
< GLOBAL ADVISORY NETWORK