Scott Negley is an FTE Senior Advisor and has over 40 years of automotive manufacturing experience, culminating in an extensive background in operations leadership with an emphasis on processing, lean manufacturing, and people systems. He is quality driven, results oriented, and customer focused, with a proven track record of delivering major projects on time, within budget, and rapidly moving into the continuous improvement phase. Areas of expertise include: project management, process improvement, maintenance optimization, team development and engagement, staffing and employee development, and the implementation of lean principals.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- Led the Paint Facilities work stream for an expedited launch of all-new vehicle assembly line for OEM at a contract assembler. Deliverables included paint system capital equipment design, coordination of paint materials testing, and planning for launch build events. The expedited launch was completed in 8 months (compared to 24 month typical timeline) and met or exceeded launch quality, schedule and budget targets.
- Executed Business Plan Deployment implementation for large heavy truck and transportation OEM, beginning with Plant Staff and cascading through Departmental, Supervisor, and Team Leader levels of the organization. This project involved coaching and execution from the executive level of the organization to the team leaders at the plant floor.
- Organized the launch team for new paint facility for large OEM motorcycle manufacturer, developed and delivered employee training, led development of process controls based on PFMEA, led teams to develop and implement standardized work and 5S standards
- Led large (1200+ employee) organization through $75 million new product brownfield conversion, including pre-production planning, employee training, demolition of 1.7 million square feet of facility and equipment, and installation and startup of new equipment in 5 months.
- Led organization through a $30 million new model conversion, developing and executing a facility, equipment, and process upgrade plan that improved paint quality by 50%.
Prior to consulting, Scott worked at General Motors for 39 years and held roles in Plant Engineering, Maintenance, and Manufacturing Operations. During this time, Scott lead various organizations through five new model launches, two brownfield conversions, and two new paint shop launches. As a senior manufacturing executive for 21 years, he worked in three Assembly Centers with experience leading both Paint and General Assembly operations, with responsibility for production, engineering, maintenance and quality operations on a three-shift schedule.
Scott holds a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Kettering University (Formerly General Motors Institute).
< GLOBAL ADVISORY NETWORK