Scott Durie is an FTE Senior Advisor with 25 years of change leadership experience in the area of complex Organization Transformation. Scott works with CEOs, senior leaders and their teams to design and implement large-scale change. He has experience in a range of industries and his work helps leaders to increase their individual effectiveness, teams improve their collective performance, and organizations achieve their strategic objectives.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- As trusted advisor to the CEO, led the executive team of a multi-billion dollar specialty insurance group with 13 companies in North America to define and lead a major strategic transformation consolidating companies, as well as defining and implementing a new operational model to return the group to profitability – $85MM savings (140% of target) achieved in first 10 months
- Facilitated executive leadership endeavor to design, develop and execute a new organizational model across 12 manufacturing plants to improve business performance, increase local autonomy and accountability and reduce backlog for aerospace company
- With senior corporate leaders, local plant leaders, union leadership and plant staff, executed a significant lean operational and cultural transformation, supported by a new organization model at motorcycle manufacturer, reaching over 3,000 employees
- Worked with senior leaders on behalf of the President of a global bank to design and integrated organization to deliver lending services on behalf of the 48 member countries
- Coached plant leadership and frontline leaders at a large truck OEM on strategy, tactics and behaviors to drive lean implementation and organizational culture change
- Worked with the SVP Corporate Project Office to lead the development of a change management capability and process integration within the program governance supporting a $90M annual project portfolio
- Project Manager and technical authority responsible for critical path propulsion ancillary, auxiliary and control systems specification, design, quality, testing and acceptance in a $1.6B Canadian Navy update program, including all day to day management of contract and supplier relationships
Prior to consulting, Scott spent two years in Marine Systems program management at CAE Electronics Ltd., managing a portfolio of national and international naval control system projects. Scott was accountable for all aspects of program management including: cost and schedule control, quality and manufacturing. Prior to that, he spent 17 years as a Senior Marine Systems Engineer in the Royal Canadian Navy.\
Scott is a certified Professional Engineer and has an MBA from Queen’s University and a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from the Royal Military College of Canada.
< GLOBAL ADVISORY NETWORK