Rick is an FTE Senior Advisor with extensive automotive manufacturing experience. During his 34 year career, Rick worked at several manufacturing assembly centers specializing in the development and deployment of Quality Systems. He also led the implementation of cost, quality, delivery and safety improvements through the deployment of lean manufacturing concepts at multiple sites and in multiple industries.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- Led Quality System implementation for a $65M brownfield launch of commercial vehicle, exceeding targets for End of Line test and Final Inspection, at 97% and 92% respectively, and drove post-launch final inspection to 97% through active quality feedback loops.
- Identified and facilitated quality improvements at Tier 1 metal stamping and fabrication supplier through quality workshops, practical problem solving and championing process changes, resulting in $900k annualized project savings.
- Led the integration of GM manufacturing systems in a new Chinese automotive joint venture, responsible for making an immediate impact on the product quality and implementing lean quality and manufacturing concepts. First Time Quality (FTQ) improved 400%.
- Led the development and execution of Quality Management System (QMS) for joint venture between high volume automotive OEM and Tier 1 Assembly Integrator. Implementation of QMS, including Quality Andon and continuous improvement activity, led to improved yield and reduced scrap, improving the bottom line by $1.5M annually.
- As an Area Manager of General Assembly, Rick drove continuous improvements through the development of small teams, realizing $7M in cost savings, improving productivity by 5%, improving key quality metrics by 30%, and reducing lost work incidents by 40%.
- As Quality Manager at General Motor’s Wentzville Assembly Plant, played a major role in the introduction and launch of the Chevy Colorado, 2015 and 2016 Motor Trend Truck of the Year. Coached and led the execution of the Quality Launch Plan and integrated it for the new Mid-Size truck with an existing legacy product.
Prior to joining FTE, Rick retired from General Motors after 34 years where he served as Quality Manager at six different Assembly Centers. He has also served as Production Area Manager for Body Assembly & General Assembly Operations and in several manufacturing engineering management roles.
Rick holds a Master of Science in Manufacturing Management from Kettering University and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Towson University.
< GLOBAL ADVISORY NETWORK