Mark has over 31 years of progressive experience in all aspects of automotive and truck manufacturing with a leading global automotive company. He has extensive experience as a proven leader in Industrial Engineering, manufacturing engineering / operations, parts distribution and warehouse operations. Mark has also served in a variety of roles in the implementation of lean manufacturing strategies.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- Responsible for daily operations of Trim Department in General Assembly where he successful led the build out of the Chevy Equinox and early launch of the Cadillac XT5. Mark and his team were focused on Workstation readiness, quality, throughput, and standardized work for the launch, leading to throughput improvement in General Assembly
- Responsible for operating a Product Distribution Center (PDC). Provided overnight delivery service to 450 dealers shipping 23,000 lines per day. Achieved consistent and sustained high performance regarding customer satisfaction, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Implemented the Global Manufacturing System (GMS) at all Service Parts PDC warehouses.
- Overall responsibility for maintaining and improving common processes at template PDC’s
- Assigned as a Lean Coach to Operations Regional Directors to identify and eliminate waste, improve quality, productivity, and profitability where he implemented the Global Manufacturing System throughout the region
- Developed and managed a two year “Lean” training program for high potential employees. Located at the Lansing Grand River Assembly plant which had fully implemented GM’s Global Manufacturing System. Program was developed and based upon a learn, teach, and implement philosophy. Developed employees for placement in manufacturing leadership assignments
- Responsible for the implementation of GMS principles at a brown field facility. Championed People Involvement, conducted the plant training for all employees. Focus was on team concept clearly defining roles, responsibilities, and skill set requirements
- Technical Liaison Advisor @ NUMMI developed a working knowledge of the Toyota Production System. Led customized workshops for plant personnel and leadership. Worked as a Lean manufacturing consultant implementing Lean techniques in various industries
- Conducted Lean Manufacturing assessments at numerous manufacturing plants as well as Parts Distribution centers
Prior to joining FTE Mark retired from General Motors after 31 years where he served as an Operations Manager of Assembly, a Plant Manager at Service Parts, and a Lean Manufacturing manager for both Manufacturing and Service parts warehousing. Mark has focused on Lean Manufacturing transformation for over 20 years with emphasis on teaching, coaching and implementing those strategies.
Mark holds a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington and a Master of Science in Administration from Central Michigan University.
< GLOBAL ADVISORY NETWORK