John Oetting is an FTE Senior Advisor with over 30 years experience within the automotive and transportation industries in various quality and manufacturing engineering and leadership roles. Over the course of his career, John has specialized in quality engineering and change management with emphasis on tooling development and installation, cost reduction, process development and manufacturing strategy.
Notable Experience and Accomplishments:
- On-site product subject matter expert for the integration of a mid-sized van production in an automotive joint venture between General Motors and a heavy duty truck manufacturer and was responsible for product and tooling integration on a new production line. Realized $175K cost avoidance through vendor negotiation and value engineering.
- Led continuous improvement process which included implementation of cost, quality, delivery and safety improvements through the deployment of lean manufacturing concepts. Achieved $3.5MM+ cost savings and 55% improvement in key quality metric.
- Launch Quality Engineering Manager for several Mid-sized van product life cycle changes, specializing in new product content and tooling implementation change management.
- Customer Satisfaction Engineer working as plant customer liaison with Fleet / Commercial product customers and secondary vehicle manufactures. Developed communication structure and feedback process to capture improvement opportunities and drive product / process enhancements. 7% Warranty (Problems per Hundred) reduction, 10% Warranty (Cost per Vehicle) reduction achieved.
- Customer Quality Engineer working with internal and external customer data to establish quality targets and drive process / product enhancements with the intent to improve overall product quality and reduce cost impact. Led the continuous improvement process between the Assembly Plant, Suppliers and Product Engineering Groups to meet targets. Achieved reductions of 37% warranty (Problems per Hundred) vehicles and 57% warranty (Cost per Vehicle).
Prior to joining FTE, John retired from General motors after 27 years, where he held many roles including Senior Quality Engineer, Launch Quality Engineering Manager, Customer Satisfaction Engineer, and Customer Quality Engineer.
John Oetting holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the Missouri Institute of Science and Technology- Rolla, Missouri.
< GLOBAL ADVISORY NETWORK