Alex Maciag is an FTE Senior Advisor with over 35 years of experience in Manufacturing and Operations Management, Lean Manufacturing Implementation, Material Planning and Control, Logistics, Quality Systems, Human Resources, Labor Relations and Business System Standardization. Alex is a strategic and accomplished leader skilled in multiple manufacturing processes including plastics, stamping, casting, engine, transmission, battery and vehicle assembly. She is an analytical thinker who deals positively with business realities to deliver solutions that are sustainable and drive a continuous improvement mindset.
Notable experience and accomplishments:
- Led the NA Automatic Transmission Operations Division over 3 years delivering operational excellence in six facilities across NA. Delivered over 5% improvement YOY in machining and assembly throughput as well as continuous improvement in health and safety, quality and workforce culture change.
- Launched multiple vehicle components and powertrain architectures in transmission, engine and components exceeding launch targets by 20% for rate of climb and quality in the position of Plant Manager from 2000 through 2012.
- Improved health and safety for serious injuries YOY from 10% to 24% and delivered or exceeded all environmental targets for reduction of water, energy, hydrocarbon and landfill waste.
- Delivered cost efficiencies of over 6% YOY, meeting or exceeding budget and cost reduction targets in all operations.
- Excellent cross functional critical thinker with outstanding interpersonal skills. Proven history of improving workforce culture and morale. Improved Employee Satisfaction Index in 2015 in six plants by 12%.
- Effective communicator with a talent for coaching individuals and cross functional teams at all levels to achieve peak performance. Appointed to lead NA Manufacturing Communications Governance Team for Ford Motor Company in 2013.
- Mentored men and women in manufacturing with a focus on leadership development. Served as Co-Chair, Executive Advisor and Mentor to many manufacturing groups. Named to Automotive News 100 Leading Women in Automotive in 2015.
- Led fire truck assembly leadership team to streamline the upfront Order to Ship (OTS) process for the Emergency Response division. Responsible for program coordination, data analysis and implementation of the process. Currently achieving a 47% improvement in OTS lead-time.
Prior to consulting, Alex had an extensive career with Ford Motor Company and served in many positions including Executive Director – Global Business Office, Director of Manufacturing – Automatic Transmission Operations, and multiple Plant Manager roles. Prior to Ford, she held the position of Supervisor of Labor relations for CONRAIL and Director of Human Resources for Ultra Tool and Plastics.
Alex holds a BA in Biology and an MBA from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
< GLOBAL ADVISORY NETWORK