Aaron Olmstead is a Senior Advisor in FTE Performance Consulting’s Global Advisory Network, and specialist in technology assessments and implementation. Since becoming a consultant in 2000, Mr. Olmstead has advised clients in the transportation sector specializing on operational improvement, advanced analytics & benchmarking, due diligence, and manufacturing strategy.
His recent project experience includes:
- Project manager for expedited launch of all-new vehicle assembly line for OEM at contract assembler – launch complete on-time (within 8 months – vs. 24 months as typical time) and within budget
- Project Manager for numerous Operational Excellence assessments and Greenfield factory planning projects for various U.S., German and Asian automotive OEMs, Assessments spanned 150+ operations in 30+ countries across 4 continents
- Project manager for multiple line-rebalancing projects at vehicle assembly operations (achieved 10% – 20% savings)
- Development of revenue management software for a major commercial airline. The Enterprise-grade application processes 250M+ records daily from various data feeds, providing client flexible reporting and alerts to attain $90M in potential revenue
- Operations Transformation at a premium motorcycle OEM including design and launch of all-new assembly plant, tactical support on 3PL integration and Quality controls, and Lean systems implementation & training
- Sourcing cost reduction at suspension systems supplier: gathering components specifications via CAD software and using regression analysis to model cost drivers and identify outliers to drive targeted negotiations for reduced spend of $7M
- Due Diligence assessment of six tool fabrication & injection molding operations in Asia to determine synergies / risks of post-merger integration, Identifying $12M in savings through facility & equipment consolidation, re-designed workstations, etc.
Prior to joining FTE Performance Consulting Mr Olmstead spent 7 years as an engagement manager at Oliver Wyman a global management consulting firm, and 5 years as an consultant at Harbour Consulting, including multiple roles on The Harbour Report – the leading global publication on automotive manufacturing performance. Prior to Harbour, Mr. Olmstead spent 3 years working at Planning Perspectives, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in manufacturer-supplier business relationships. Throughout his work experience, Mr. Olmstead has specialized in advanced analytics including statistical modeling, process simulation analysis, data mining, and database programming – exploring unique and differentiated methods to leverage data to provide insights on performance gaps, then implement and confirm effectiveness of sustainable process improvements.
Mr. Olmstead holds a Bachelor of Science in Statistics from the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor.
< GLOBAL ADVISORY NETWORK